The countdown to the One Earth festival (erstwhile The Ahimsa Festival) has begun, and the excitement is palpable. The festivities this year are an amalgamation of celebrated international and national speakers, food workshops and live western music at Juhu Ground, Opp Chandan Cinema, Mumbai, on 2 December 2018.
This year, the one-day festival has expanded to have speakers on 2 pavilions: Main and Environment. Click the ‘Know More’ on the One Earth Festival video to view event details and register free for the event today.
Heading to the festival? Register free on ahimsafest.org to attend these talks. Entrance free, but registration mandatory.
The Main Pavilion features experts and veterans who have developed sustainable vegan lifestyles and will share their expertise with the participants. Now in its third edition, the One Earth Festival has announced a line-up of exemplary individuals who have walked the talk and the courage to go against the tide to made a mark for themselves in their fields.
The enlisted speakers are:
- Bhavna Kapoor, Health Coach (Workshop)
- Nithya Shanti, Teacher Of Joyful And Conscious Living
- Dr Nandita Shah, Founder of Sharan
- Dr Pramod Tripathi, Founder Of Freedom From Diabetes
- Naimita Joshi, Founder & Vegan Chef, An Ode To Gaia (Workshop)
- Sarah Pinto, Saharan Executive
- Ingrid Newkirk, Founder, PETA
The Main Pavilion also includes the Fitness Panel, featured noteworthy athletes who have persevered on a plant-based lifestyle to achieve extraordinary feats of sportsmanship in their respective fields.
- Kuntal Joisher, World’ First Vegan Mountaineer
- Shyamal Vallabjee, Sports Scientist
- Siddharth Shukla, Ironman Triathlete
- Dharmendra Kumar, Ultra Marathon Athlete
- Aman Duggal, Founder and CEO of Alpharaj
This pavilion is the heart of the festival and features extraordinary individuals who have pushed the envelope of possibilities and pursued their ideals. They have overcome difficult circumstances, struggled to survive and yet found the courage to learn and live sustainably. Many of these speakers have spent over 10-40 years inspiring others to take simple steps to make the difference.
- Muffadal Motiwala, Treewise Pencils
- Vivek Cariappa, Sustainable Living
- Jayanti Joshi, Composting
- Abid Surti, Sustainable Taps
- Mohd Afroze Dilawar, Reviving Sparrows
- Subhash Sharma, Rain Water Harvesting and Management Expert, Yavatmal
- Bharat Mansatta, Forest farming & Non-Violence
Note, that the schedules are subject to last minute changes without notifications. Kindly stay in touch with us through the website to stay updated.